Advanced Funding Procedure:
Advanced Funding is reserved for student groups that demonstrate financial need and the inability to utilize reimbursement funding. The procedure to obtain advanced funds is as follows:
- Determine if your organization is eligible for Advanced Funding
- Turn in Advanced Funding Application
- Sign up for consultation
- Attend consultation
- Receive email within 48 hours of consultation with answer if your organization can apply under advanced funds
- If your organization does NOT qualify for Advanced Funding, your organization may still apply for reimbursement funds
- Apply for funding
- Reapply under the normal application
- Commission will review application
- Receive email with funding decision
- Receipt Return
- If/When your organization is granted funding, it will take up to three weeks for the funds to enter into SOAS account
- Once funds enter the account, your organization has 1o calendar days to use the funds and to return the receipt form
- If your organization does not use all granted funds, your organization is expected to transfer them back to SOFC
- If your organization fails to fill out the receipt form and return unused funds, your organization’s SOAS account will be frozen.
- Additionally, SOFC will prohibit your organization from receiving funds from SOFC for the duration of Winter 2017 through Fall 2017 semesters.
If you feel that your RSO is eligible for Advanced Funding please fill out the Advanced Funding Application and sign up for a consultation during office hours. The application will be available until March 10, 2017.
- Submitting the Advanced Funding application does not guarantee funds.
- Failure to provide proof of payment (1) that is consistent with valid criteria and (2) by the appropriate deadline forfeits the entire funding award, regardless of grant size, expenses incurred, or of any other RSO specific circumstances.
- If your application requires attending a Bystander Intervention Training, failure for both authorized signers to do so before turning in the normal application will result in funding only up to $1,000.
If you have any questions about Advanced Funding, please reach out to us! We are excited to help your organization as much as possible.