The Summer Student Assembly (SSA) provides funding for student organizations’ summer activities and events throughout the Spring and Summer terms.
The SSA funding process is much different than the SOFC operations that occur in the Fall and Winter terms of the academic year. Each organization applying for funds must attend the SSA meeting to present their application and answer any questions.
Here is a step-by-step process of how to apply and receive funds from SSA this summer:
- Check your eligibility. SSA only funds receipts dated from April 8 – August 27, 2017.
- Read our “Funding Policy & Guidelines” document to confirm your request is compliant with our policies and prohibitions (link below).
- Pick a meeting date that you (or a colleague) are able to attend and present your application.
- Fill out our funding app (link below). Applications should be submitted via email to CSG Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least one day before you wish to present.
- Attend the SSA meeting, present your application (~ 3-5 min), and answer any questions.
- If awarded, you will receive an email detailing your award amount.
- Discuss reimbursement options and receipt submission with the CSG Treasurer.
- Receipts will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but ALL receipts for SSA are due by August 27th, 2017.
- All reimbursements will operate through an SOAS transfer into you RSO account.
SSA meets until our budget is exhausted, so each meeting (especially late-summer meetings) are contingent on our budget and may not occur. This concludes summer funding. It is most advantageous to apply early.
Here is a list of all tentative SSA meetings occurring in summer 2017:
- May 16th
- May 30th
- June 13th
- June 27th
- July 11th
- July 25th
- August 8th
- August 22nd
SSA meetings occur bi-weekly on Tuesdays at 7:30 PM in the CSG Chambers (3909 Michigan Union). If the SSA budget is exhausted before August 22nd, or any other pertinent changes arise, there will be an announcement on this website.
Funding Application (downloadable PDF form)
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.