What does the Central Student Government do?
The CSG strives to provide valuable services, programs, and events to students at the University of Michigan. Each subunit of the CSG is tasked with specific purposes.
The Student Assembly, within the legislative branch, serves to collectively represent the student voice at the University and to make decisions for the organization in a deliberative manner. The Executive Branch serves to execute campaigns and services that make student life better in various ways. Campaigns are often facilitated through one of about twenty commissions. The Central Student Judiciary is designed to serve as a body to adjudicate any disputes that may arise between the CSG, students, student organizations, or a combination thereof.
Here are some examples of what the CSG does:
- Allocates $400,000+ every year in funding for student organizations
- Transports hundreds of students to and from Detroit Metro Airport during breaks
- Serves as a representative sample of all students on campus, including undergraduates, graduates, and professional students
- Leads initiatives that positively change campus
- Produces engaging, purpose-driven events for the University community
- Provides leadership opportunities for passionate students
- Engages the University administration on issues relevant to students
- Facilitates appointments to University committees
- Handles disputes between student organizations
How can I become involved in the CSG?
There are numerous opportunities to get involved. To get started, check out our Join page.
Where can I find information about who represents me in the CSG?
There are representatives elected to the Student Assembly to represent each of the University’s schools and colleges. You can find out who represents you on the Representatives page.
- Clyde Barnett III, Program Manager/Advisor
- Catherine Cerny (LSA Junior), Front Office Staff
- Paris Parnell (Kinesiology Sophomore), Front Office Staff
- Geena Kerr (LSA Junior), Front Office Staff
- Kamaria Washington (Kinesiology Sophomore), Front Office Staff
- Mitchell Vitez (Engineering Junior), Webmaster